[mythtv-users] Changechannel script trouble

Michael Segulja msegulja at lmdcs.com
Mon May 10 13:14:19 EDT 2004

This might be a little off-topic, but as far as I can tell, it does
relate directly to Myth.  I have downloaded the appropriate rca.pl
script for my RCA DirecTV receiver, and am having trouble with Myth
changing the channel.  I can run changechannel channel# from the command
line, with myth running, and the channel will change correctly. However,
if I use the channel up key within the mythfrontend, the channel changes
on the receiver, but I do not get any output from myth. I just get a
green screen with static for audio.  I then have to run setup, remove
the default channel from my input for my capture card, and then restart
the backend and frontend.  What's really weird is about 10% of the time,
it will actually work correctly, but then if I restart the computer or
restart myth, I get the above behaviour.

Anybody have any ideas why it would do this?  It doesn't seem to be
related to the changechannel script, but somehow to a problem with
myth.  I'm running the CVS version I downloaded today, but have had this
problem with 0.14 as well.

Thanks in advance for your help,

---
Michael Segulja