[mythtv-users] Pvr_250

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun May 9 20:08:52 EDT 2004

Mathias Wennberg wrote:

>I actually understod that they had to be recorded first, however, I can't edit
>them anyway. Is there some other commando than the usual E to edit?
>I am able to edit shows recorded with the Wintv card, with the PVR card the
>option simply don't show up when I press the same button.
>New button or some config problem on my mythtv setup?

E should do it, though I normally just select it off the OSD menu these
days.  Have you checked for errors being dumped to the console from the
front/back end?

>>Probably because you're running the latest drivers (1.9 works well the
>>1.10pre drivers have issues), or you have firmware issues.  My primary
>>backend only gets shut down when I perform an upgrade.
>>

>I actually had even more stability concerns before I upgraded - then it
>usually freezed after about 1 hour of recording.
>I recon this is an issue with the drivers?

More than likely, certain versions of the drivers work with certain
revisions of the cards... However higher version numbers don't always
indicate better stability (in fact it's often the opposite from my
experience).