[mythtv-users] Pvr_250

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat May 8 18:48:25 EDT 2004

Mathias Wennberg wrote:

>First, isn't it possible to edit out commersials in recordings by the pvr_250?
>I have tried but don't even get up the edit list. I still can edit my
>recordings that where recorded with the wintv card so mythtv seams to work as
>it should. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes you can edit out the commercials, once the show has been recorded.

>I also wounder if it isn't possible to force one recording to happend with one
>particular card? I now have two cards and I would like to be able to force
>the low end card to record one thing, regardless which show that starts
>first.

You can set the priority for that card to be higher when .15 comes out.

>Last, why is myhtv more instable with a pvr card? I now needs to restart the
>backend about each other day, before I could run it for weeks without this.
>Is it the ivtv driver?

Probably because you're running the latest drivers (1.9 works well the
1.10pre drivers have issues), or you have firmware issues.  My primary
backend only gets shut down when I perform an upgrade.