[mythtv-users] How to setup Mythtv when Frequency information is unknown with PVR 350?

Ying Su ying_su5 at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 19:41:02 EDT 2004

      Should PVR 350/IVTV tools be able to automatically scan available channels and get the frequencies?  If so, what are the commands?  Any TV can automatically tune channels.

  Here are the research results from studying the lists.
(1)  A member of this list in Singapore used  #scantv -a -output file, but without result.

(2)  xawtv does not work with PVR 350

(3) china-bcast in Mythtv's frequency.c  greatly **conflicts**  with what's in Video::Frequencies.  Only the first frequencies of the first 5 channels match, and Video::Frequencies have channels like A1...,B1 which are not in mythtv's frequency.c.    Would this cause problem? Does this mean mythtv is not up to date with IVTV?

(4)  china-bcast  is among options in mythtv. But I'm going to use local cable.  Do I still use china-bcast?

(5) can callsign be safely ignored in channel table(e.g, use fake names)?  I have not heard about callsign in china and do not understand their role in tuning/changing channels in mythtv.

(6) even after finding available frequency information from tools,  there are still things that are unclear. Do I put the frequency information back into  frequency.c and recompile it?

         Thanks a lot for your help!

Ying