[mythtv-users] Recording will mess up mythtv, requires a hardreboot...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 7 19:24:22 EDT 2004

Michael Petres wrote:

> I installed ck63m... no difference. I am still having the problem.
>
> Perhaps I need to patch mythtv as well?

Chris is still working on patches.  He had a couple of them on the IvyTV
ML today--but they require ck63p or ck63q, and he thinks there are still
more changes necessary for Myth.  It wouldn't hurt to get involved in
the testing, though, if you're comfortable applying patches and running
"controlled" tests with many quickly changing versions of drivers/Myth.
Note that depending on which version of Myth you're running, you might
need to apply some of the changes by hand, but it seems like they will
all be very small patches (i.e. one-liners).

Look in the thread "[ivtv-devel] #63n fixes live tv to recording
transition" at http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/May-2004/msg00145.html and
feel free to try things out.  Can't guarantee that it will help, but at
least the potential for progress can take away that feeling of
helplessness. :)

Mike