[mythtv-users] Features

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri May 7 15:57:38 EDT 2004

Any thoughts on the following?

1. Can the VChip signal be decoded in any way? It would be nice to
password protect shows based on the rating. The other option is to use
the rating from the guide information. The other thing that could be
done if the vchip signal is sent and is only present during the show is
to use it for commercial detection.

2. Decode the closed captioning to a file and have the transcoder
'bleep' out certain words in a list that are found in the shows captioning.

3. I could really use a 'Wish list' or 'Future show' recording option to
enter show titles that are not currently playing and have them
auto-record when they show up in the guide. I know there have been posts
on hacks using the database or manual recording. It seems like it would
be simple to have a 'manual recording' like interface where you just put
in the show title and set it to record and have the mythfilldatabase
schedule it when it shows up in the guide download.

- James