[mythtv-users] Mythvideo replacement?

Jeff Mottishaw jmot at mottie.com
Fri May 7 02:10:14 EDT 2004

I have been using mythtv for strictly mythvideo for quite a while now
(cancelled my cable, weather is nice).

Problem is that I now have gotten to the point where I have 270 different
"files" (movies, tv show episodes, etc), and trudging to get to anything
that is anything remotely near M takes WAY too long on my remote even with
holding the button down.

I'd ideally be able to group things, example Movies, and TV shows, and be
able to have sub groupings, like simpsons, sopranos, and family guy...

I believe a bug exists in the mythvideo code is that in video manager when
you mark a movie as hidden from browse list, it hides them from the video
list (which shows directories etc) but not from the browse list.

I know at one point there was a patch that made mythvideo work a lot better
as far as filtering (I applied it when trying to resolve the IMDB search
issues) but it never got applied to the main source code, but I still think
that I might have the wrong product.  Like using a sledgehammer to hang a
picture.  There is just so many features of mythtv that I don't  use that
are installed, when I'm only using it for mythvideo.

Anyways I've rambled on for quite a bit now, but if anyone can recommend
anything else, or make some suggestions, or even make a good bunt cake..
Feel free to comment.

Jeff

P.s while typing this I came up with the idea of decreasing the delay
between keystrokes to increase my browsing speed, does anyone know how to do
this?