[mythtv-users] Show keeps being rescheduled for a later showing??????

Joshua Johnson enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Fri May 7 01:39:53 EDT 2004

Greetings all.

I am having a problem with MythTV recording a certain program.  The
program shows several times during the week and Myth keeps moving the
scheduled recording to the next showing even though nothing is
conflicting with it.

My Myth network is set up as follows:
MythTV v0.14
4 frontend machines at various TVs.
1 backend machine:
    Tuner 1: PVR250, standard analog cable feed
    Tuner 2: WinTV-Go, cable feed with 4 local channels (also included
on tuner 1) and HBO (not included on tuner 1)

I set Myth to record "The Sopranos" on HBO, which is only available on
tuner 2.  It is set to "Always record this program on any channel", and
has a recpriority of 99.   The interface shows it is scheduled to be
recorded on Sunday, as does MythWeb.  Sunday rolls around and when I go
to "Watch Recordings" to watch the show about 15 minutes after it is
scheduled to start, I am horrified to discover it is not recording!  I
check the schedules and it is now set to record the show on Tuesday
night, the next time it is being shown.  The showing for Sunday shows
"This showing was not recorded because this episode will be recorded at
another time instead".  There is nothing else scheduled to be recorded
on that tuner.  Monday I left on a business trip and when I check
MythWeb on Wednesday I discover it didn't record on Tuesday and is now
scheduled to be recorded Wednesday night.   When I return Thursday night
it hasn't been recorded and it is now scheduled to be recorded Sunday
morning.  If I look at the Program guide for Wednesday night it again
says "This showing was not recorded because this episode will be
recorded at another time instead" even though there is nothing
conflicting with it.  The rest of the people in the house keep asking me
why they can't watch this week's Sopranos.  Sunday morning is the last
showing of this episode and if it doesn't record this time I will be in
big trouble.

This has happened several times in the past for this show but I haven't
seen it happen on shows other than The Sopranos (although it is possible
I just didn't notice).  Last week it was only a few minutes into the
show when I noticed it wasn't recording so I changed the recording
option to "Don't record this program" and "Only record this showing" and
restarted the backend and it started recording the in-progress showing
and didn't record any of the other showings of the episode that week.
Tuner 2 is used almost exclusively for HBO and rarely has conflicts.
What are the criteria for

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?  Is there anything I can do
to force it to record the first showing?  I haven't been able to
pinpoint the exact time Myth changes the scheduled time for the
recording, but on Sunday I had checked it an hour before it was
scheduled to start and it showed it in the queue.

Hmm, right as I was about to send this I tried to Watch Live TV and it
told me all tuners were in use even though only tuner 1 is actually
recording anything.  MythWeb says "Encoder 2 is local on playback1 and
is not recording.".  Only a recording for Tuner 1 is showing up in the
recordings list.  I have never seen this behavior before.  Is there any
situation where Myth would consider a tuner busy when it was not
recording anything?  I will be eternally thankful to anyone who can help
me fix this problem, I need my Sopranos fix!

Josh