[mythtv-users] Error during dpkg configure, "sed -e expression"???

Ryan Kelley jphreak97 at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 15:43:42 EDT 2004

I am using the Debian unstable packages for MythTV. I have a fully working
backend and frontend on my main server. I am trying to build an additional
frontend to hook to another TV. For some reason when I apt-get install
mythtv-frontend, I get an error during the configuration steps of
mythtv-common. The error is as follows:

Setting up mythtv-common (0.14-6) ...
sed: -e expression #1, char 40: Unknown option to `s'
dpkg: error processing mythtv-common (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mythtv-frontend:
mythtv-frontend depends on mythtv-common (= 0.14-6); however:
  Package mythtv-common is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing mythtv-frontend (--configure):

Anyone have any clues on this issue? Thanks!

Motherís Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Motherís
Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx