[mythtv-users] Recording will mess up mythtv, requires a hard reboot...

Michael Petres michael221 at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 11:10:23 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have been using my Knoppmyth install for watching live tv for a few weeks
now. I have ventured into recording today by scheduling a recording.

About 30 seconds before the scheduled recording, I get a popup with 3
options. I choose "Watch while recording" at which point Mythtv changes the
channel and begins recording. About 20 seconds into the recording the screen
freezes but as far as I can tell the recording progresses as normal.

If I attempt to watch the recording while in progress I only get a black
screen, no sound. Watching live tv after recording also results in a black
screen, no sound. In order to get myth working again I need to do a hard
reboot.

After the reboot I can watch either the recorded show or live tv withouth
problems.

I don't know where to begin with this one. Any ideas what could be wrong?