[mythtv-users] SnapStream Firefly Remote

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed May 5 15:20:29 EDT 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Dan Morphis wrote:
> Only problem I don't see; there isn't a way to just by the remote, they
> sell it bundled w/ their Beyond Media software.  Total price for the
> remote, usb receiver, batteries and other crap is only $50 though.  Not
> that bad of a deal.
>
> http://www.snapstream.com/products/firefly/

For ~$30 you can get a Microsoft XP MCE usb remote + USB receiver (and
emitter, although I don't believe the emitter is working yet).. works fine
with LIRC 0.7; I'm recreating a lircrc file for it (unless someone wants
to share theirs?) now.

The receiver for this remote is excellent - I can literally point the
remote any direction in the room, and it catches the signal.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=80-100-201&depa=0