[mythtv-users] Odd audio dropouts after ~30 mins of listening

Des Herriott des.herriott at oracle.com
Wed May 5 07:35:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm getting some odd audio problems with longer recordings, I wonder if
anyone's seen (or should I say heard?) this before...

My setup:

EPIA-M Nehemiah PC running Gentoo
Stock 2.6.4 kernel patched with Gryle's EPIA patches & latest DVB patches
ALSA driver 1.0.2c (as part of the kernel)
Latest CVS build of MythTV (inc. CLE266 h/w MPEG decoding)
External DEC2000-t DVB receiver

This is mostly working fine now, apart from one irritating problem: if I
play any recording for more than 30 minutes or so, the sound starts to
drop out occasionally.  What I hear is little clicks of silence (maybe a
quarter of a second) every 10-15 seconds.

If I bookmark the recording and go out & back in again at the same
place, the sound dropouts are gone, so it doesn't appear to be a problem
in the recordings - backed up by the fact that the same things happens
no matter what the recording.  And it only seems to happen when the
recording's been playing for a while - initially, the sound is perfect.

And the picture isn't affected by this at all - I don't see any dropouts
in the video.

Anyone else encountered this?

--
Des Herriott