[mythtv-users] PVR-250, no signal

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed May 5 04:49:18 EDT 2004

> Kevin D. Snodgrass wrote:
> > Following Jarod's howto...
> >
> > Everything appears fine, but I get no capture with cat /dev/video0 >
> > test1.mpg.  I tried /usr/bin/test_ioctl -p [012345678], and only -p 4
> > gives many anything but a totally blank picture.  With -p 4 I get
> > static.  Same thing when done as user mythtv or root.  Trying to capture
> > from coax on a regular US cable connection.
>
> ...snipped...
>
> Played around some more and I could capture from channels 5
> and 6 (local CBS and C-SPAN2), but no other channels up
> through 49.  Is this a frequency thing?  Does Cox Cable do
> something different than other cable companies?  All my TVs
> and VCRs have "just worked".

Try this:
Find the frequencies your cable company uses.
then use: test_ioctl --set-freq=tuner=<tuner>,freq=<freq>
Where freq is the frequency provided by your cablecompany and looks like
this: 175.25
Multiply that by 8(I believe), and set that frequency.

F.I.: test_ioctl --set-freq=tuner=0,freq=1402

Try watching again, it should work :)

Good luck,

Jos