[mythtv-users] Re: Myth can't use two M179 cards at the same time

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue May 4 20:45:51 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 11:58:09AM -0400, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Monday 03 May 2004 20:35, Woody Sturges wrote:
> > I have an Athlon SMP machine with two M179 cards.  I'm having trouble
> > when MythTV tries to use both cards at the same time.  I've done the
> > following debugging:

> > Argh!  Anyone else run into this problem?
>

> Nope... I have 2 M-179s in my box, and can use them both simultaneously
> just fine.  Stock FC1 install from Jarod's guide & ATrpms.
>
> Maybe SMP is causing you problems?  Mine's a uniprocessor, Athlon XP
> 1600+

There were issues with SMP and low lattency patches which lead to Red
Hat removing them in the latest kernels. The symptoms where more of
the hard hanging type, but this could also be the root of your
problems.

Make sure you have something higher or equal than the 2179 kernels.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net