[mythtv-users] Re:recording changes settings made by test_ioctl

Khanh Tran khanh at slc.edu
Tue May 4 18:40:37 EDT 2004

Besides the fact that setting it 422 times is horrible, it doesn't
actually do anything.  I tried entering equivalent ratio values from the
ivtv numbers to the larger MythTV numbers.  Can you post more detailed
info?  I thought I could set the  default in the stable version of
ivtv...

-Khanh

"Khanh Tran" <khanh at slc.edu> wrote
> When I schedule a recording with MythTV and the backend starts up the
> recording, the brightness and contrast settings I've made with
> test_ioctl get reset to the defaults of Brightness = 127, Contrast =
63.
> I've got the recording profile set to record at a resolution other
than
> 720x480, but should that matter?

No doesn't matter, Myth sets brightness and contrast to values stored in

the database by channel.

Have you tried running WebMyth and browsing to the
configuration->channels
page, then setting the brightness etc in there?

Failing that you could set the values in the sql table directly, I think

its the "channels" table, you should be able to find posts about editing

the database, I don't have the info in front of me.

afaik you can't change these through setup or the front-end.

Hope that helps, I can give more details if they are needed - or I'll
post
it properly to the wiki after the weekend!

Andy Swain