[mythtv-users] Is anyone running the latest NVIDIA drivers?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 4 11:49:12 EDT 2004

On Monday 03 May 2004 16:41, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Paul Hyui wrote:
> > 1) There seems to be some major flickering going on. If I use the
> > GANT theme, my eyes will kill me - not so bad with the Blue theme.
> > I can live with this because there's no flicker when I am watching
> > something....
>
> Flicker has to do with how TVs work and how eyes work. Several
> environmental factors can effect how much you perceive flicker
> but one general thing is to reduce the maximum brightness (by
> lowering "contrast" for most sets, go figure ;-).

Trolltech has promised some interesting things for Qt 4, among them:

"Modern consumer-style user interfaces

Driven by consumer electronic devices such as mobile phones and PDAs,
desktop applications are moving away from standard widgets and styles
towards more customized user interfaces. Qt 4 will support this modern
user interface approach through its powerful style system as well as
with flicker-free refreshes and transparency for all built-in and
custom widgets. "

Be interesting to see just what they mean by 'flicker-free refreshes'.

-JAC