[mythtv-users] "season pass" logic

Vince LaMonica vjl at vjl.org
Tue May 4 04:10:33 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I've got a question regarding the "season-pass"-like system in MythTV [the
feature that lets you set your MythTV to record every episode of a given
show].

I use that feature a lot, but I'm finally starting to creep up to a full
hard drive. I typically copy the mpeg2 files from my Myth box to my OS X
box and burn them on DVD for saving [my Myth box has a PVR-350 in it].

My question is - can I delete the episodes of the TV shows from my Myth
box and be certain that MythTV won't record those episodes again, even
though the files don't live on the Myth box? I record a show called "In a
Fix" which has new episodes nearly every day, but they also show repeats
nearly every day. I would like to make sure that if I recorded episode #4
in March, and deleted it today, when they air episode #4 again this month,
my Myth box won't record it. Is this possible? Does MythTV keep recorded
*and* deleted shows stored in the database?

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

/vjl/