[mythtv-users] mplayer blue screen

Steve Bower sbower at cisco.com
Sun May 2 17:29:42 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Gargiullo <gargiullo at comcast.net> writes:

[snip]

Michael> It also effected alsa and some video output.  I manually fixed
Michael> alsa, but anytime I launch mplayer all I get is a blue screen.
Michael> This happens anytime I try top watch tv, play a DVD, play a
Michael> pre-recorded video, or play divx movie.

Michael> Can someone point me in the right direction to fix this?

If you're using an nvidia graphics card, it's probably a bug in the
nvidia-supplied binary driver, related to using Xv and XvMC.

Some people have had luck resetting it by exiting from X and unloading
the nvidia kernel driver.

I've only been able to clear it by rebooting.

The latest driver version (5336) seems to be less likely to have the
issue, but it still happens occasionally and requires a reboot to fix.

If you're not using an nvidia card, then I have no idea...  :-)

  Steve.