[mythtv-users] Re:Xbox Frontend Boot disc?

Andrew Turner aturner at engineer.com
Wed Mar 31 10:43:20 EST 2004

I found it much easier to just install the Xbox-Frontend Dennis made onto my hard-disk. I then boot into EvoX as normal and can then select any of my other apps, or MythTV. MythTV then boots into linux (after the aforementioned 1 min boot time). The install was incredibly easy, just FTP to your XBox, drop the files as per the readme after editing the config for your setup.

I've even made it in EvoX that to startup MythTV is at the bottom of the second menu. Therefore, to start, I hold down the xbox controller down button for about 2 seconds, press X, then hold down again, and press X. This lets me begin starting up MythTV before I even turn my TV on.

- Andy