[mythtv-users] mythweb feature-idea

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Wed Mar 31 07:04:22 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 10:22:40PM +0200, Timo Boettcher wrote:
>  when I delete a tv-show from mythweb recorded programs, mythweb
>  reloads the page. Is it possible that the page is scrolled to the
>  point of the deleted show? (perhaps by means of a named anchor?)
>  So if I want to delete multiple shows from one day, I don't have to
>  scroll down to the place I have been before, I accidently deleted
>  unseen shows that way...

The manner in which mythweb current does this is probably correct from
a usability standpoint.  Consider deleting a program at the bottom of
the browser's viewport.  If the subsequent page was scrolled such that
the next item (which wasn't in the viewport previously) was at the top,
it would cause confusion.

A more appropriate solution to your problem (deleting multiple shows)
would be to add checkboxes next to each item, similar to how web-based
email systems display inboxes.  After selecting multiple shows to be
deleted, the user can then click a button (possibly in conjunction with
an "actions" drop-down menu) to delete.

Chris