[mythtv-users] Using DVD writer as primary DVD drive?
dlou99 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 19:13:57 EST 2004
> Ehm, yes. In my dreams it would be like this:
> - I buy a DVD
> - I insert it in the drive and click on the
> - the DVD is copied _as is_ to the hard disk
> - After that, I can forget about the physical DVD.
1. Insert a DVD
2. execute "mplayer -dvd 1" at the command line
3. If that plays, try a test extraction:
"mencoder -dvd 1 -oac copy -ovc copy tmp.avi"
4. Test the saved DVD by doing "mplayer -fs tmp.avi"
1. Using your favorite text editor, create
/usr/local/bin/mycopydvdscript and type the following
xmessage -center -timeout "$TIMEOUT" "Copying DVD" &
mencoder -dvd 1 -oac copy -ovc copy "$DESTDIR"/"$NOW"
2. Test your script by doing "su <mythuser>" and
then "/usr/local/bin/mycopydvdscript". Then go to
mythvideo's video manager and check that the AVI
Adding to Myth:
1. Add the following to
2. Go to MythVideo and see if your button shows up.
I think you might be able to get the movie title from
the disc's volume name instead of using the current
date/time, but I don't have a DVD equipped Linux box
nor a DVD movie within reach of me at the moment. If
you can, then it'll probably be enough of a hint
for MythVideo to grab the poster JPEG from IMDB
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.
More information about the mythtv-users