[mythtv-users] Channel icons - image formats

Julian Edwards ed at julian-edwards.com
Tue Mar 30 14:31:12 EST 2004

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:

> I haven't really looked into it, but most likely the channel icons can
> be in any image format supported by your Qt installation.  I believe
> most Qt binary packages support at least JPEG, PNG, pixmap and others.
> GIF may also be an option depending on how the Qt package was compiled.

Since tv_grab_uk_rt does not get icons I decided to surf some web sites
and get my own.  I spent about an hour putting them all in place using
the setup screen and I had GIFs and JPEGs which all worked fine, even
with the alpha channel which was quite nice to see.

The downside is that the next time I did a mythfilldatabase, it removed
all of my icon settings... GRRRR.  I've not bothered putting them back
in .... unless someone knows a way to stop it removing them in the future?