[mythtv-users] Getting the image just right - playing with settings

Peter Shipley ps at nomensa.com
Tue Mar 30 14:22:29 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have a pretty cheap tuner card and am currently working with either
Mpeg4 or RTjpeg. The quality is OK, fast-motion always being a problem
and small moving text can be a problem.

For RTjpeg I have the setting pretty much maxed and have played with a
variety of resolutions.

Similarly with Mpeg4 I have cranked up the bitrate to try and get a
smooth picture but it doesn't seem to cut it.

Has anyone had any glistening success with any of these codecs with some
  good settings or will I get much more benefit from upgrading the tuner
to say a PVR-350.

In saying that, what is the big difference between the PVR-250 and PVR-350 ?

Cheers,

Pete