[mythtv-users] Can't capture using PVR250

Shawn Flynn shawn at shawnflynn.com
Tue Mar 30 12:06:06 EST 2004

After a failed cat...
    # cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg
    cat: /dev/video0: Input/output error
dmesg reports...
    # dmesg
    ivtv: Timeout waiting for data!

dmesg is also telling me that the pvr250 is indeed video0...
    ivtv: Registered v4l2 device, minor 0

And just to be certain that dmesg wasn't lying to me, I removed the bttv
card and retested. Same result.

It seems that I am not the only person grappling with this issue...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/RE%3AME6000%2C_PVR350%2C_Myth%28TV%29ology%2C_/dev/video0_I/O_error_P117176/

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/RE%3A__ME6000%2C_PVR350%2C_Myth%28TV%29ology%2C_/dev/video0_I/O_error_P117177/

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/ME6000%2C_PVR350%2C_Myth%28TV%29ology%2C_/dev/video0_I/O_error_P117159/

I'm wondering if it may be an ivtv-firmware issue. I'll try rolling back to
an earlier firmware tonight.

Thanks for the response Howard. Any other ideas? Anyone?