[mythtv-users] suse 9.0 compile Problems

Maarten van den Berg mythtv at ultratux.org
Tue Mar 30 07:37:47 EST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 08:53, Günter Denz wrote:
> Hi Group,
> i Have a problem compiling mythtv on a suse 9.0 system.
>
> Firstable i thought the problem is the not correctly set $QTDIR. But after
> manually doing this in my .bashrc the problem still exists.
>
> Here is the result of compiling:

> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.1/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lqt-mt

That is your error.  The linker cannot find the qt-mt library.  I had this
same error at one point. Check if you have that installled ?

If you can't fix it, you can mail me the output of 'rpm -qa|grep -i qt' as I
run the same distribution so I can compare it to my working system.

You can also run 'ldconfig -v|grep qt' and see if / why it does (not) include
that library, and go from there.  That helped me, as I recall it...

Good luck
Maarten