[mythtv-users] lirc and Xine

malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 29 22:46:47 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael A. Howell" <michael.howell at cox.net>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 9:17 PM

>>All,
>>I am having trouble getting Xine to work with my haupgrey remote.  I
downloaded Jarrod's lircrc->>haupgrey.txt file and the file works perfectly.
I want to use Xine for DVD playback, so I >>searched the archives and found
some txt to add to this file that should run Xine as well - but Xine >>does
not respond to the remote whatsoever.  I have included my file below.
Please let me know >>if I am missing something here.

>>BTW - I did after adding the Xine commands to Jarrod's file above I did
move it to the proper >>place with the following command:  mv
lircrc-haupgrey.txt ~/.mythtv/lircrc

>>Any help would be appreciated

I can't get my remote working with Xine either.  It's my understanding that
Myth uses ~/.mythtv/lircrc and Xine uses ~/.mythtv/.lircrc (notice the . ).
Anyhow I'd also be very interested in knowing how to get lirc to work with
Xine and mplayer.

Thanks
Malcolm