[mythtv-users] GNOME ALSA mixer keeps resetting itself after restart

Gabe gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Mon Mar 29 17:38:33 EST 2004

I had this problem too, and I think what I did was first did the alsactl
store command in root and then added "alsactl restore" in my rc.local file

Good luck

The ALSA driver is, oddly enough, set to mute by standard and resets
itself everytime you restart. As far as I remember you can save the
setting by using the command:
  alsactl store
and use the oposite
  alsactl restore
in order to restore the sound volumes. If you don't want to do this
yourself everytime, you could make a small script containg:
#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in
    start)
          alsactl restore
          ;;
    stop)
          alsactl store
          ;;
    *)
       ;;
esac

Perhaps name it alsasound.sh, giving it chmod +x and adding it to your
default runlevel for execution each time you start and halt your computer...
Note: alsactl has to been on your path.
Note2: I havn't actually tested the script but it should work, it is not
the most complicated one :-)

Hopes this solves it for you...

Claus