[mythtv-users] another DCT2000 query

Bruce Smith brucesmith at chartermi.net
Mon Mar 29 14:52:29 EST 2004

> > I had exactly the same problem before my cable company upgraded the
> > firmware on my cable box.  But don't worry, you can make it work.
> >
> > I bet your cable box requires to you press "OK" (Enter/Return) after
> > entering the channel number.  If you just press the channel numbers
> > without pressing "OK" using the _remote_, then I bet you see the same
> > results.  Right?
>
> Nope.  With the remote, I just enter the three-digit code and it works.
> With the script, it sends the three digits (prepending zeros as
> necessary), but they are too slow for the box.  You would think it would
> be fast, but there's a significant pause between each digit.  What's up
> with that?

No idea, sorry.

> BTW, I saw references to other versions of this program (like one
> written in C).  Where can I find them?  Perhaps one of them will work
> better.

There is at least one other in the "contrib" subdirectory of the myth
source code.

Compile and try the C program.  If it doesn't work, look at it's
arguments.  It seems like there are some values you can specify as far
as the timing (I've never had to need to try them myself).  Good luck!

 - BS