[mythtv-users] How to configure 2 capture cards to use the same video source?

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 29 13:54:47 EST 2004

I have spent the past week searching and trying to get this working. Its
time to ask the experts on the list. Here is my issue.

I am trying to get two pvr250 capture cards to use the same video source and
I seem to be having some problems. Both cards are in the masterbackend
machine. I was origionally running release ver. 14 but have recently
upgraded to a CVS of 15. I have been able to get everything working by
faking out the system by using 2 video source names that are actually the
same source but that gives duplicate listings for every channel. Not exactly
the optimum. Can someone tell me the steps or point me to a detailed howto?
The myth docs are much too cryptic for me (a non-guru type) to use.

I am about ready to give up and go back to SageTV. Its an inferior product
but it works out of the box for 2 cards. Somebody please save me from
Windows!!!! :)

TIA,
Bill