[mythtv-users] feature idea: links in mythweb to smb/ftp/http files

Dave Packham dave.packham at utah.edu
Mon Mar 29 13:35:26 EST 2004

maybe im missing something?  is this a new mythweb patch? that allows
you to click on the tv show and stream it?

I cant do that with .14

Dave P

>>> lists at forevermore.net 3/29/2004 10:23:56 AM >>>
> if we can smb mount the TV recording dir and click on a nuv file and
it
> plays (streaming) to a media player then why cant we stream the
files
> straight from the mythweb page?   it should play the same?

Yes.  the myth:// link is for real nuv files.  If you're playing
mpeg-based nuv files without the dsmyth filters, you don't need this
addition, just put it back to http (or https if you're like me and
redirect all http traffic to your myth box) and it should go.  If not,
then it's a matter of getting apache to understand the mime type,
which
can also be done (and should be on my todo list).

-Chris