[mythtv-users] feature idea: links in mythweb tosmb/ftp/http files

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Mon Mar 29 12:53:18 EST 2004

mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
>> if we can smb mount the TV recording dir and click on a nuv file and
>> it plays (streaming) to a media player then why cant we stream the
>> files straight from the mythweb page?   it should play the same?
>
> Yes.  the myth:// link is for real nuv files.  If you're playing
> mpeg-based nuv files without the dsmyth filters, you don't need this
> addition, just put it back to http (or https if you're like me and
> redirect all http traffic to your myth box) and it should go.  If not,
> then it's a matter of getting apache to understand the mime
> type, which
> can also be done (and should be on my todo list).
>
> -Chris

It shoud be posibel to use myth:// urls for mpeg2 files too, I haven't
tested this that much but I think it works.
If it isn't working then it's a bug.

The default of streaming over http shoud be fine for mpeg2 too, so I gues
it's not much point in changing to myth:// if you only use mpeg2 nuv files.