[mythtv-users] activating web access

Geoffrey Lessel geo at thelessels.com
Mon Mar 29 10:39:12 EST 2004

On Mar 28, 2004, at 12:51 PM, Steve Dorsey wrote:
>   I set up my box using Jarod's guide, and it works (almost). I cannot
> see the web access. Where do I change the setting so that MythTV
> accesses the correct folder for the http front end?
>
>   Also, where is that front end located, so that I know where to
> direct it?

I used Jarod's guide as well, but in that guide, there is no section to
start up httpd (the web server) during boot.  I'm a Linux noob, but I
found that if you run this command, as root, it'll start up the web
server right away:

# /etc/init.d/httpd start

After a little looking, I also found that you can make it start during
boot by issuing this command:

# /sbin/chkconfig httpd on

Once the web server (Apache) is started, you can access the MythWeb by
pointing your web browser to http://localhost/mythweb/ (if you are
accessing it from the backend computer.  Otherwise,
http://your.ip.address.here/mythweb/ ).

I hope that this helps.  I actually learned all this stuff last week by
accident.  I had no idea that there was a web portion to do all that it
can do!  I'm glad that someone on this list is putting up some
screenshots to let others know it's there.

-geoffrey