[mythtv-users] Using DVD writer as primary DVD drive?

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Mon Mar 29 07:35:05 EST 2004

> I need to buy a DVD drive for my myth frontend. I also need a DVD
> writer. Are anybody using a DVD writer as their primary DVD drive?

That is what I am planning to do.

> I'm mostly concerned about the noise level during playback. Any
> recommendations?

I am planning to copy the DVD to hard disk.
I'd like to have all my favorite songs/movies on-line,
and remove the disks shelf.
This would also eliminate drive playback noise,
and drive performance-related issues.

I already wrote about this in the past... I believe
in mythtv there should be a button for "importing"
(NOT! transcoding) DVDs & CDROMs to the hard disk...

Franco