[mythtv-users] Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP Expert Edition and Fedora Core 1

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Mar 29 03:56:00 EST 2004

On Mar 28, 2004, at 20:37, Robert La Ferla wrote:

> I installed a Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP (Expert edition) in my Shuttle
> running Fedora Core 1.  What do I need to install in terms of driver
> software?

Need? Nothing. The bttv 0.7.x drivers should work fine with that card
(unless it happens to be a new cx88-based card -- I don't know if
Leadtek is using that chip on any of their cards or not).

> Does Fedora Core 1 have Video4Linux (or whatever it's called)
> installed already?

> What about the bttv driver?

> Do I have to recompile the kernel?

> Anyone have a HOWTO for installing the drivers?

They are already installed (the "stable" 0.7.x series one, anyhow). And
kudzu should have found your card automatically. If not, you may have a
little bit of work to do, but you *should* already have enough to get

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
MythTV Searchable Mailing List Archive