[mythtv-users] DVB users: How do you burn DVDs from captured digital broadcasts?

Martin Brown Martin.Brown at macquarie.com
Sun Mar 28 22:22:52 EST 2004

Someone MUST have worked this out already:

With a budget DVB card (Nova-T), what steps should I take to burn a captured program to DVD? I've
managed to burn something using nuvexport but the nuvexport settings (even selecting the DVD option)
seem to be for SVCD and so create pretty low quality mpeg2 video (much lower quality than the
captured recording).

What nuvexport settings should I use for DVD (bit rate, etc.)

I've heard some people say you can use avidemux(2) instead by it doesn't recognise the raw .nuv
capture files at all so I can't use that.

Myth transcoding dies as soon as it starts - no errors reported. Should I be trancoding the raw
capture files?

What recording profile setting should I be using or doesn't it matter. The mythtv doco says "For DVB
and HDTV cards, no further configuration is required" ie. no recording profile configuration
required. Why so?

Thanks,
Martin Brown