[mythtv-users] PVR250MCE revision 2 card problems

Dave and Lisa Hofstra lisadaveh at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 22:05:22 EST 2004

Sorry about the duplicate header, but I am still not sure how to reply
to my own thread in this forum format, here is try number two.  But this
is important to many users of revision 2 pvr250's, and as this is not
documented anywhere I will post it.... (see my other post if this reply
didnt work so you can tell what I am talking about ... sorry)

  the guy who sold it to me sent me a patch

I just got a patch for the 'real' ivtv 0.1.9 driver (not the one found
in knoppmyth) from the guy that sold me the card. They are reallly
helpful there. If anyone wants to know where I got it, they have
excellent tech support, wow. Anyway, I will try the patch tomorrow or
tuesday and let you know how it works here is the text if you want to
try it before me...

Not sure why the KnoppMyth version of the driver is different than the 0.1.9
ivtv-driver.c, but it is. Take a look at lines 1717 - 1737 in your
ivtv-driver.c and you'll see where you need to force the card_type. Below
are the lines in question followed by the forced card type code. Again this
will not work with mixed card types, they all need to be WinTV-PVR-250 MCE
cards, or other Version 2 cards.

ORIGINAL CODE Lines 1717-1737
-----------------------------

switch (dev->subsystem_device) {
case IVTV_PCI_ID_250_V2:
case IVTV_PCI_ID_250_V4:
IVTV_DEBUG(IVTV_DEBUG_ERR, "Found an iTVC16 based chip\n");
itv->card_type = IVTV_250_V2;
break;
case IVTV_PCI_ID_350_V1:
case IVTV_PCI_ID_350_V2:
IVTV_DEBUG(IVTV_DEBUG_ERR, "Found an iTVC15 based chip\n");
itv->card_type = IVTV_350_V1;
break;
case IVTV_PCI_ID_250_V1:
case IVTV_PCI_ID_250_V3:
IVTV_DEBUG(IVTV_DEBUG_ERR, "Found an iTVC15 based chip\n");
itv->card_type = IVTV_250_V1;
break;
default: /* Default to 250 v1 style */
IVTV_DEBUG(IVTV_DEBUG_ERR, "Found an unknown chip, treating it like an
iTVC15\n");
itv->card_type = IVTV_250_V1;
break;
}

PATCHED CODE
[...]

Notice itv->card_type is always set to IVTV_250_V2.

let me know if it works, otherwise I will post my restults here in a few
days.

Dave Hofstra
lisadaveh at comcast.net