[mythtv-users] Re: Re:Can't get mythvideo to work

gabe at mustbethemoney.com gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Sat Mar 27 14:20:55 EST 2004

That does not seem to be the trick.  I opened up a vnc session and am able
to use mplayer to play from the samba share no problem.  Is there some
sort of incompatibility between the PVR-350, the ivtv drivers, and
mplayer?  I recall reading something bout that, but have not reaally
understood all that was there.  I also tried updating to the matthias x
driver, nut i get XKeepsCrashing when i use that driver in my XF86Config
file.

 gabe at mustbethemoney.com wrote:

>Hi all
>
>So I have been fairly successful with the basics: mhythtv, weather, news.
>Now I want to start playing some of my saved vids on my windows box. I
>have the samba share down, and am able to have mythvideo recognize all the
>vids and give me a list of them. The problem is, when I select play on
>one of them, it will put a big message "Loading ... VideoName" on the
>screen for a sec or two and then that disappears to the what it wsa
>before. In essence, it does not even try to play the video. I have full
>read perms for all users when i do an ls -la of the video directory.
>
>Any idea what is going on here? It is a PVR-350 I am using, and I have
>this problem with all vids, wheter they are vcd, svcd, divx, avi or mpg
>
>any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Gabe

Could be that mplayer (used to play the videos) isn't compiled with
Samba support.

Try launching from the console and see what it complains about.

Good luck.

-Garry

--
"From yourself, you can't run away" - Killswitch Engage