[mythtv-users] nVidia GF4 mx440 tv-out optimization

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Sat Mar 27 03:36:06 EST 2004

I've also got a MX440 and am using it to generate tv-out using a svideo
cable.

The obvious one when dealing with SVIDEO out is does your TV support
anything other than the composite input?.  I had the same problem (crap
quality) until I stuck the svideo connector to the svideo scart port.

Simon

Dex West wrote:
> I know this has been discussed many times, but i've
> searched through the archive and can't find anything.
> So could someone help me with some key words to search
> for?
>
> I've installed a gf4mx440 w/ tv-out on fedora core.
> The Tv-out is connected with a svideo cable.  I've
> followed Jarods howto this far.  The Tv-out works but
> the quality is really bad.  It seams like a horizontal
> refresh rate problem.
>
> So is there any optimizations that can be done to the
> XF86Config to make the picture quality better?  I've
> tried changing the resolution down to 600x400 and it
> didn't help.
>
> Thanks
>
> my setup is very similar to this:
>
> Section "Device"
>
> Identifier  "Videocard0"
> Driver      "nvidia"
> VendorName  "leadtek A170"
> BoardName   "nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440"
> Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
> Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
> Option      "TVOverScan" "0.6"
>
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier   "TV0"
>         VendorName   "RCA"
>         ModelName    "36in Analog TV"
>         HorizSync    30.0 - 50.0
>         VertRefresh  60.0 - 60.0
>         Option      "dpms"
> EndSection

> http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

I remember when legal used to mean lawful, now it means some
kind of loophole.
		-- Leo Kessler