[mythtv-users] 0.14 + VIA M1k + UDMA6 + full duplex =prebuffering pause

Scott Rowe mythgnomer at rowelab.com
Fri Mar 26 21:50:57 EST 2004

 Actually, cpuid is 695 (stepping = 5).. So it may not just be
 693 that has this problem (forgot to mention that I'd looked
 at this, but since it was 695, I ignored it.)

 [root at mythbox root]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
 processor       : 0
 vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
 cpu family      : 6
 model           : 9
 model name      : VIA Nehemiah
 stepping        : 5
 cpu MHz         : 999.838
 fdiv_bug        : no
 hlt_bug         : no
 f00f_bug        : no
 coma_bug        : no
 fpu             : yes
 fpu_exception   : yes
 cpuid level     : 1
 wp              : yes
 flags           : fpu de pse tsc msr mtrr pge cmov mmx fxsr sse
 bogomips        : 1992.29

 I'll recompile anyway with the fix in place, and if it does turn out to be
the issue, I guess the stepping 5 version also has the same issue as the 3.

 Live and learn!

 Thanks,
 -Scott