[mythtv-users] is it possible to use PVR 350 NTSC in PAL country?

Steve Conner steve_conner at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 26 17:50:06 EST 2004

I am using PVR 350 (marked with NTSC on its surface) in the U.S. and it works great!

I'll send my current Shuttle PVR 350 box to a friend where PAL-D is used.
 What's the best solution that requires the minimal work to make the same MythTV box work with PAL-D?
This seems a daunting task.

 I see two possible solutions:

1) Is it possible to have an external converter that converts PAL signal to NTSC sigal so that the same MythTV box does not need to change anything.  If so, it seems to be the best choice! Just connect PVR350 to the cable through the converter.

1) replace the NTSC model with a new PVR350 PAL card,  would it just be as simple as changing NTSC settings in /etc/modules.conf , and no new packages need to be downloaded/installed/uninstalled?    If so, this solution also seems really simple.

Any thoughts to make the transition smooth?

Thanks a lot!

---Steve