[mythtv-users] YNIF2 and Bad Audio

Ben Brown mythtv at handcoder.com
Fri Mar 26 13:13:06 EST 2004

I've got Myth setup and everything works, but for some reason I'm
getting bad audio with the onboard chip. Alsamixer lists the audio as a
it as a C-media CMI9739

The 2 problems are 1, the audio has alot of static, very noisy almost
like it is getting to much signal. This noise is only present when
playing from /dev/dsp.  Standard output is fine.

Problem number 2 is the volume controls don't seem to work.  I can turn
the master up and down to no avail.  Nothing changes the output volume
what so ever.

I know this isn't a myth specific question, but I also know alot of
people use this board.  Anybody have a suggestion as to what may be the
problem?

Thanks In advance
Ben