[mythtv-users] What is a good CHEAP dvd recorder?

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu Mar 25 18:36:20 EST 2004

    Adrian> There are at LEAST 5 standards that I know of, 2
    Adrian> popular ones (plus and minus) and they're just comming
    Adrian> out with dual-layer DVD's and the dual-layer DVD's and
    Adrian> burners aren't (VERY LIMITED) compatible with the
    Adrian> current single-layer disks.

But having lots of incompatible standards is a good thing, right ;-)

(especially if you sell them...)

    Adrian> Wait it out a bit it'll save you alot of money and

You think the situation will improve over time? To me, it seems the
longer we wait, the more incompatible standards we get...

The problem with a single standard seems to be that it becomes harder
to make improvements (e.g. bigger storage capacity).

(personally I dislike all CDs I have seen, they seem too easy to
scratch or otherwise damage).

    Adrian> at least wait for the dual-layer burners if not a
    Adrian> global standard.

I don't know anything about this standard - I guess that just means I
can't keep up, either.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>