[mythtv-users] What is a good CHEAP dvd recorder?

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Thu Mar 25 16:55:40 EST 2004

There might be better deals now, but a few weeks ago I jumped on this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-152-011&dep
a=1

I got the all-black one (yes, the tray is black too) for $104 shipped..
it's now $93.00.  Not bad for a 8X combo (+/-) drive.  You could get the
4X for a few bucks less... but why when you get can twice as fast?  :-)

Works fine in linux, as most should.  NEC is a solid brand and from
reviews I found, I don't expect to make many coasters (done 3 different
brands of media now, Memorex & no-name, worked fine).