[mythtv-users] Any suggestions for RadioShack 5-in-1 (15-2103)remote?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 15:31:57 EST 2004

>From: "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Any suggestions for RadioShack 5-in-1
>(15-2103)remote?
>Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:18:40 -0500
>
>OK... so I figured out that using a "VCR" device code gives me the most
>usable buttons... but finding the right device code has been
>problematic.
>
>First, I tried "0000".  That works pretty well, gives me *most*
>buttons... unfortunately it maps CH+/- to the same codes as "Up/Down",
>which is a real bummer as I want to use CH+/- for PgUp/Dn.
>
>Then I tried a sample config from one of the LIRC packages... code 1162
>(Panasonic TV/VCR combo).  This gives me mappings for every button
>except two, which is great, except it maps "Select" the same as
>"Right", which is bad.
>
>Does anybody use this remote with Myth & have a good suggestion for a
>device code?  Otherwise, I might have to bite the bullet and get a JP-1
>cable...
>
>-JAC

Are you using the IR receiver from a PVR-2/350?  If so, try the Philips
VCR code (I forget the number).  Jarod's guide has info on setting up
Radio Shack remotes that support key remapping to allow for every
button to have a useful function in Myth.  It's alot easier that going
the JP-1 route.  Even if you are using another IR receiver, it may be
easier to check out the directions on Jarod's page.

HTH!

-- Harry O.