[mythtv-users] Possible Crashing Solution

Shay - MythTV mythtv at highstyleweb.com
Thu Mar 25 11:39:05 EST 2004

I recently upgraded to Fedora 1, which is great by the way.  Anyways, once
I had upgraded I started running into a problem with my system crashing
every night.  I finally narrowed it down to mythfilldatabase.  After some
further testing, and even when not testing, mythfrontend would crash on me
when doing things in the background.

The problem was that I didn't have enough ram.  I was using 256 with my
RedHat 9 system without any problems, but apparently Fedora needs a bit
more, and without it just shuts down programs that are demanding too
much?  something like that..

I popped in another 128 and things seemed to work better, but it still
occasionally crashed.  Finally, after adding another 128 for a total of
512, I find that things run nicely.  Display from my pvr250s even seems a
bit smoother, not much though.

If you are seeing any problems, this might be the problem.

-Shay