[mythtv-users] Re:M179 vs. PVR-250. was: ivtv firmware 2.02 or 1.9 ?

Chris Thompson ct-myth at cthompson.com
Wed Mar 24 20:55:27 EST 2004

Adrian Gomez (me at adriangomez.com) wrote:
> At least on my video card this does not hold true, past -p 4, it
> returns an error.

Me too. I raced home and found out exactly what you said, M179 only has
five inputs, numbered 0 through 4. They're not even the same order as a

PVR250, from test_ioctl -a

        Name    : Composite 0
        Name    : Composite 1
        Name    : Composite 2
        Name    : Composite 3
        Name    : Tuner 0
        Name    : Composite 4
        Name    : S-Video 0
        Name    : S-Video 1
        Name    : S-Video 2
        Name    : S-Video 3

        Name    : S-Video 0
        Name    : N/A
        Name    : N/A
        Name    : Composite 0
        Name    : Tuner 0

I'm getting SOMETHING on -p 2, which is listed as N/A there. It's scrambled
and green and looks something like watching an old scrambled channel you
didnt get on old analog cable boxes. I'm wagering that -p2 is svideo but
something in the driver or the firmware isn't syncing right.

I've got another email out to the ivtv list and will let you all know.
Chris Thompson