[mythtv-users] Video Flicker

mythtv at mattsshack.com mythtv at mattsshack.com
Wed Mar 24 11:40:10 EST 2004

First, thank you to all who have spend time working on Mythtv. I have had my
mythtv box built for about 2 weeks and I love it. (Maybe more importantly,
the wife loves it too.)
Also, I have search the mail list and could not find anything on the trouble
I am having. If I missed it I am sorry. Please post a link to that threat
and I will look there.

My trouble is every once in awhile, for no apparent reason, I have what I
describe as a frame flicker. It looks like a frame of video that is either
not centered or maybe showing up late. I search the ivti mail list as well
and I found a thread ( <http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Jan-2004/msg00133.html>
http://www.poptix.net/ivtv/Jan-2004/msg00133.html) that describes the
trouble pretty well.

Quote from thread:
After looking at the video frame by frame it looks like there are interlaced
frames that are out of position.  For example, in one place of my short clip
there is an interlaced frame that should have been displayed 7 or 8 frames
previous to the current position.  The result is a severe flicker (or
glitch) when this happens.

I have this flicker while watching recording and watching live TV.
I use xine for DVDs and have not seen any flicker.

My install was based on Jarod's fedora how-to (Thank you Jarod!) I am
running the latest CVS of MythTV  from ATRPMs (was hoping this would fix the
flicker) and the 0.1.9 ivti (also ATRPM I believe).

My Hardware:
CPU: AMD Athlon 2400
CPU Cooler: Cooler Masters XDream II
RAM: 256MB 3200 DDR-333
HARD DRIVE: Western Digital 7200rpm 160GB ATA/100
Sound: On board
Network Card: On board
Capture Card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250

On a side note: A friend at work has also build a new MythTV box and has the
same trouble. He is not running the CVS versions.

Thank you in advance.
-Matt
http://www.mattsshack.com <http://www.mattsshack.com/>