[mythtv-users] TV Audio works only muted

Thomas Grabner thomas.grabner at chello.at
Wed Mar 24 11:40:09 EST 2004

Hi,

i am using a typhoon tv/fm card. And the settings for the tv card are
correct i think but the card don't support tvaudio. If i try to modprobe it
it starts and find something on i2c but i have no sound. So I installed the
ALSA Package and configured it as necessary for my nforce2 board. Audio Out
works great, I then connected the tv audio output to the line in of the
onboard sound.
And after a restart I hear the sound from the TV Card as soon as the drivers
are initialized. I thought ok it's a minor configuration problem but then I
started xawtv, motv and also tvtime and all three programs give me the
picture but no sound. I was little bit confused about what happend but after
some tryings i found out that the sound starts after I mute the audio within
these programms. Also aplay /dev/dsp works but with only 8bit (but record is
in full quality.)

So finaly I have sound and picture but mythtv don't get the audio, no sound
on watching tv nor on recordings. And the mute trick don't work within the
myth frontend.

Does anybody had some similar issues and found a solution?

I hope anybody can help me.

Thanks
Thomas