[mythtv-users] PVR-250MCE for $69 SHIPPED!!

Gabe Knuth me at gabeknuth.com
Tue Mar 23 13:05:10 EST 2004

Just want to let you know...I've had some trouble with what appears to
be the same model card.  I bought mine from buy.com a couple months ago.
I ended up having to edit the ivtvdriver.c file before compiling IVTV.
Jarod's HowTo worked find up until that!

I've since gotten a different card, and I don't have my modified driver
file anymore, but if someone gets stuck I should be able to help them
through it.

The problem was that IVTV detected a different model of card than it had
support for.  It was detected as a model 4 and ivtv only supports models
1-3.  All I did was modify one of the CASE methods in the driver file
and say that if it detected a model 4 card to perform the model 2
installation.