[mythtv-users] PVR-250MCE for $69 SHIPPED!!

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 09:39:21 EST 2004

>From: Jeff <jeff at intersystems.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] PVR-250MCE for $69 SHIPPED!!
>Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:57:14 -0500
>
>Monday, March 22, 2004, 10:27:52 PM, CrAzY mAD wrote:
>
> > http://www.z-buy.com/product.asp?item=VG-HA32552
>
> > Ripped from FatWallet.com
> > Same as the PVR-250 but no remote, includes FM radio
> > support.
>

> > Edgar
>
>Are you sure that this is a PVR-250? It looks like it might
>be a WIN-TV-GO-FM which does not include the hardware MPEG-2
>encoder.

The text says it is compatible with MCE Harmony.  I do not
believe there is a version of MCE that supports non-mpeg
cards.  The two reference designs I am aware of are Freestyle
and Blackbird.  Not sure what Harmony is.  Doesn't look like
it has FM either (no 2nd RG connector).  When in doubt you
might want to call the vendor.

-- Harry O.